View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 07:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EE03 View Post
Charliebubs, i've had two rhizotomies and I was in a lot of pain after both. The first was for a good while (over a month) I think, and the second I'm at a month and I'm still feeling it, although the second one isn't as bad as the first. My doctor warned me that I'd be in a lot of pain post procedure and it is to be expected since they damage the nerve. I hope yours told you the same. It gets worse before its better. I wish I could give you some more encouraging words, but it really does get better. Has your doctor given you any meds to help?

As far as the time frame, I understand that every person is different and they try to estimate, but it seems its an individual thing and that you just have to wait and see.

As for a pain free period, I've got overlapping issues and multiple things going on, so I'm not pain free. My case is slow going and I didn't expect that I would get total relief. Where your occipital nerve was done, I would hope that once the procedure pain passes that you'll be able to get pain free. Please post and let me know how you do once the nerves settle down. I'll be anxious to hear.take care, ee

Hi EE

Just a quick update to let you know that I'm doing okay. It did get worse before it got better. The procedure pain went eventually and I've been better since.

I think I was hoping for 100% results, and that hasn't happened, but it is much, much better than it was before. I'd say 70% better. I do still get twinges and a tingling feeling in the back of my head. I've also noticed that certain things make it worse....like if I'm tired or stressed or upset or if I've driven a long distance.

I went for a check up last week and the Dr said that the long term prognosis is good for me. I don't have any issues with movement of my head or neck and he said that's a good sign. He thinks there is a chance I'll have to have the RFA repeated, but that once more should do it.

Here's hoping!!

Now that I'm feeling 70% better I think I'm going to settle the PI claim that I have ongoing with the insurance company of the lady who put me in this position (she was driving too fast and caused the RTA which caused this ON )

I hope you're doing okay.

Charlie
charliebubs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Ananimity (06-04-2012)