View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Cathie, you raise good questions...

and the replies you've gotten also raise questions...at least from my viewpoint.

Cathie- what were your b/p #'s before going on the pred.? Did the #'s go up gradually and peak? While you mite not know exactly what they were...you probably have some clue.... Also, keep in mind that like blood work and reactions to meds...each person's ideal normal is a bit different-that's why 'normals' are always put in a 'range...hi/lo' format. Then go back to before the prednisone, and onset and all that and look hard at how your life has changed, gotten more complex, how your medications list keeps getting 'added on' to and how you are able to move around...or not.
Mrs D - I'm going to check that out, as I get flummoxed easily with such things [like I do w/the blood tests] and tend to 'reverse' input into the brain receptor memory bank... You say that the 'diastolic is the destructive one'...by destructive do you mean it shouldn't be a high number? or are low #'s more concerning? I'm interested because during my IVIG infusions I've had changes during the course of the process and have wondered if it was due to simply more 'stuff' being pumped into me....Tho it's always been in what I understand to be 'normal' ranges....those ups and downs of 10-15 points on either set of #'s is disconcerting, at best.
LizaJane I promise I'm going to look more closely into the hypertension issue, as 'enforced' limb immobility [yep another fracture this year] is keeping me off my feet and there's only so many lo-impact, non-weight-bearing exercises one can do to keep any leg/ankle/foot muscle tone or build up any better of same.
Cathie Back to you....have you called your doc and left the old message of; 'X is happening...should I be worried or not?' I'm not a doc, but this way you let the DOC know what's happening and he can make the call...unless something completely different happens that makes you feel like compost needing an ER trip [we all KNOW to avoid those!] Think positive things in the meantime? Look in the meantime at your meds -if there have been changes...well some cause quirky variations that set my teeth on edge. I sure hope I'm the only one - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote