Thread: Another Crisis
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 10:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Crazy Current meds

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinhermes View Post
Oh, sweetheart, I am so sorry! Those plasma exchanges are REALLY hard on the body. Are they considering IV IG for the future?

How did they handle the blood clot? Were you given shots in your stomach?
I cannot imagine what you are going through, but please, please,please don't give up!
Too many people love and need you! You are so very important.........

WE need you, as well!

What meds are you on now? What do you dr's say?

Hang in there, baby!

Love,
Erin

Thank you for your suppportive response. As you know, with this disease, we all need all the support we can get. Right now I am on prednisone. I have read you complaining many times about the steroid weight gain. I can totally relate. I feel like an oompa loompa. My face doesn't even look like my own any more.

I've had three rounds of IVIG. The last one didn't help at all. I had the 4 plasma pheresis in the hospital but because of the blood clot they say they can't do any more. I had a thymectomy in 2005 which put me in remission for a few years. No I'm feeling like there is nothing left to try other staying on the steroids. They prop me up a bit but not to the point that I am fully functioning.

I want my life back so bad. I am facing the possibility of going on disability and I really don't want to. I am a single woman and live alone. For me, right now disability feels like being half dead. Just don't know what else to do. . .

Martha
leaningin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote