View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 11:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Happy New Year everyone!

I am amazed at how my body continues to heal. I owe it to you folks who have helped me with so many questions! And ... to my gluten-free diet, and ... finally, to those vitamin supplements I insisted I did NOT need for far too long. My thinning hair is growing again! I've had two 30 day cycles in a row - sure beats every 17 days! And I have so much more energy than I did before. Amazing! Oh yes, and when I ordered new B12, I decided to scale back to 1mg ... and it wasn't long until I felt those shooting pains in my foot. I upped it right back up to 2mg and all is well again.

My young son is doing well on his so-many-things-free diet. Taking out the last vestiges of corn in the form of citric acid and xanthan gum has seemed to do the trick. The wet night symptom is happening about once every 9 nights now, but there is always a "maybe" explanation for it. I do think we're on the right track. I'm hoping to reintroduce soy to him at some point - that would make him very happy!

I'm even baking more often. I've found I can grind my rice into flour in my K-TEC blender (although I expect it will require repairs again soon), so we've eliminated that cross-contamination issue. I've also started using arrowroot and tapioca flours again. And when a recipe calls for xanthan gum, I substitute equal parts agar agar flakes and ground flax seeds. LOL, I even tried Cara's best buns recipe yesterday, veganizing and de-corning it! It turned out much better than expected, but not as good as the original, I'm sure!
jamietwo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote