View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 01:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Can someone help me I am very scared

First off I want to say that I am so glad I found this forum! Thanks to Alffe for pointing me here to the right place

I injured my back last month and have been having horrible pain and numbness. My doctor ordered a MRI and I got the report back but I just can't understand it. It looks like it might be pretty serious but I am not sure can any one please help me I am very scared.

Here is what the MRI report said.

Findings:

The caudal most lumbar type vertebra is labeled L5.

Vertebral body heights, alignment and marrow signal are normal. Degenerative discogenic changes are noted at the L5-S1 level.The conus terminates at the L1 level. The cauda equina is normal in morphology. The paraspinal muscles are symmetric.

L1-L2: No disc herniation,neural forminal stenosis or spinal stenosis.

L2-L3: No disc herniation,neural forminal stenosis or spinal stenosis.

L3-L4: No disc herniation,neural forminal stenosis or spinal stenosis.

L4-L5: Note is made of concentric annular bulge without significant neural formanil or spinal stenosis.

L5-S1: Note is made of a broad-based central disc protrusion causing moderate left and mild right subarticular stenosis. Disc protrusion contacts the descending left S1 nerve root. Neural formina are patent. No significant central spinal stenosis.

IMPRESSION:

1. Central disc protrusion at the L5-S1 level causing moderate left subarticular stenosis. Disc protrusion contacts the descending left S1 nerve root.

Thank you!
injuredat34 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote