View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 03:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZZ74 View Post
Loretta, that is the closest description to what is happening to me,. I am so so sorry this has happened to you. We know how terrifying it is. Was it diagnosed? That is exactly how mine come on. exactly how I loose conscoiousness etc. I hope they diagnosed you. thank yoiu so much for posting this, until it, I was begining to think I was losing it. sincerely , cz
Hi CZ,
Thanks for the reply. How many have you had? My Dr. thinks my waking up stubbling was due to drop in blood pressure. The para sympathetic nervous system causes drop in pressure, which in turn, causes losing consciencousness. The sympathetic nervous system causes high blood pressure, which i take 2 blood pressure meds for. RSD is an autonomic disorder, which means it effects the involuntary organs that cause all these problems. Organs like the heart, lungs, circulation, bladder, kidneys, I think that's why I lost control of bladder and colon. I've had my blood pressure drop since that 'event' but not to the point of passing out. My Dr. told me to be careful of lowering my head when washing my hair, bending down shopping on a low shelf. I've had to have my husband come and get me from doing that shopping, felt like I was going to pass out and didn't trust driving my car home.
I've been off the neurotin 7 months now and still don't have the electric shocks. I did a couple, but the first one was after I called a friend to check on her daughters pregnancy and found out the baby died inutero. Had a electric jolt that night.
Again, do you check you blood pressure often? I do, I can tell when it starts to drop and am cautious. I know how scary it was, I don't remember the trip to the hospital and thought I was going to die. This has been at least 4 years ago and my husband still checks on me every morning. Take care and let me know how you are. Your friend, loretta soft hugs
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (08-19-2009)