Thread: Pain Management
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 05:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused Pain Management

I don't know if this is the right thread for me or not, but I have had pain from peripheral neuropathy (This they think is somehow related to an Auto-Immune Disease) and Fibro for 2.5 years now and I am getting to the end of my rope with just "dealing" with it. I can barely walk around the block without crippling myself for the rest of the day if not the next one or two sometimes. I can't fall asleep at night w/o having someone holding/rubbing my feet. My pain clinic Dr. is not the nicest person my latest appointment with him was yesterday and all he could say was "I really don't know what you expect be to say." and "everyone else with your problems has the exact same issues" and as the kicker he basically told me I should join a support group instead of seeing him I guess, as he didn't give me any follow up apts. This is better than what he said when I last saw him a year ago "Don't bother coming back unless you want to get the steroid injections"- which I did not want as the previous ones, while dif. did not really help.

The thing I am wondering is how many people with Fibro and Peripheral Neuropathy are without any drugs for the pain?
I am on Lyrica, Gabapentin, and Baclofen for the Peripheral Neuropathy and on Methotrexate for the Auto-Immune issues. I think it would be a good idea to add something in to manage the pain since it is not controlled, but I seem to be meeting dead ends. So I am wondering if it is because of the type of problem that I have that he is not giving me anything or is it something else? I can't imagine having to live not being able to do most of the things I want or need to do (like to to school, or fall asleep).

I'm sorry for the rant. I guess I am just looking for some feedback.

Macophile is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote