View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Dmom, thanks for the kind words.

My heart tells is to fly down to Florida and do just that, but then in my head I know that this would not be the best solution. It would only foster resentment and anger.

So, I will just sit and wait, and hope for the best. I was not able to contact the social worker today, but do plan to do so tomorrow. I just need to know that someone...even though probably overworked with too many cases; the VA system...is looking out for him as I would be if I was closer.

I am just so frustrated that he told the social worker and the neurologist yesterday that nothing eventful happened over the weekend. That is irresponsible, but then as I read in Medscape, Neuropsychiatric Sequelae of Traumatic Brain Injury, Jeffrey Nicholl, MD; W. Curt LaFrance, Jr., MD, MPH, Published: 08/12/2009
Quote:
Cognitive, mood, anxiety, thought, impulse, and substance disorders, and a variety of personality disorders can be seen following TBI. The neuropsychiatric sequelae of TBI not only interfere with day-to-day function, but can severely impede rehabilitation efforts.
I can see that the years ahead will be full of mom-worry and challenges.

You are right it is hard to know you have a child of any age who is not in the best of shape.

Thanks,
Carolyn

p.s. Thank you Chemar for getting this thread back on track.
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote