View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 06:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

When someone is going through something, no matter how trivial it may seem to you, it may seem logical to them. When someone decides to make a decision like that they have to realize they are not hurting themselves they are hurting the ones around them. People they love will suffer the rest of their lives because someone they love has passed away. Do people really want to inflict that kind of permanent pain on someone?

Suicide can be the rational choice if a person is sick and tired of fighting for their life and they are suffering. If this person says they want to die and nothing is wrong then they have lost hope and joy in life. Can you call that rational?

Suicide is really not about rationality it's about subjectivity and that changes from hour to hour and day-to-day.
Yes, I have thought about it these past couple weeks. I have thought about it a lot. I’ve been having horrible nightmares thinking about Mark and why he did it, why so young. I still see my dad cutting him down in the bathroom. But logically it still does not make sense, because it would be quitting and I am not a quitter.

Cats nap, only humans put them "to sleep". Sterilize, don't euthanize!!

BJ
BJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (08-18-2009), barbo (08-18-2009), Dmom3005 (08-19-2009), Nik-key (08-18-2009), who moi (08-18-2009)