View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 08:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default chiari malformation

[B]I'm sorry but I'm not sure if I'm posting this correctly. I had a stroke while driving to work in January. The problem is I'm still having problems with my balance. If I look up or to my right I become very dizzy. If I fall asleep and my head tilts back and to the right, I immediately wake up nauseated.

My neice was visiting me for the summer and witness something that terrified us both. My neice said that when I become dizzy she notices that my eyes move side to side very fast and then rotate. I also have severe headaches in the back of my head.

I have gone to several neurologist that said that they didn't see anything on the MRI. I was also diagnosed with chiari malformation. The neurologist said that the chiari malformation was so mild he wouldn't even consider surgery.

I am now suffering from depression and have seriously considered suicide. I don't know where else to turn. I can't continue living this way. Every time I place my head in certain positions I faint.

I have every test imaginable from a ENG to check problems with my inner ear, a doppler of the sides of my neck, MRI of my ears and a tilt table test. All of the doctors referred me back to the neurologist. The neurologist treats me like I'm a hypercondriac.

I don't understand if I had chiari malformation since birth why it is effecting me now. I don't even know how to find a doctor that specilizes in chiari malformation.

I would appreciate any suggestions. Please help me your my last hope.
stinkerbell61 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote