View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 11:36 PM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

dear Nik,

I don't know what to say, all I can think of right now is that old cliché:

When one door closes, another opens. (except we use windows, in this case)

I am so glad that you are thinking about building another window....to let some light in...and I've got tons of WINDEX ® to help you keep it polished and shined to let some sunshine in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alffe View Post
Wow! I hope you are posting this in the Altzheimers forum also NikKi...it is so very heartfelt, so agonizing..and so familiar. I loved what you are teaching us about holding on to the past and losing the now. Such a lesson there for us all.
ditto on that sentiment, dear woman!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
Like others have said many times - you should write a book. You absolutely have a special talent. Thanks for being you!
and thank you for being you, kitty!

I have to be absolutely honest...I always feel like I don't write good enough...

I don't write like other writers...I took a writers' workshop years ago and I walked away frustrated and angered because I couldn't do a lot of what the workshop suggested...I just don't think that way...(the way they taught it)

I only then realized later on that everyone has their own way of writing...

I would call mine kind of a lazy style...I am lazy in editing, I am lazy with my language, and I always feel like I don't write everything that I am thinking about...

I drive myself crazy as I write, I have no script nor brain storm. Everything just comes out as I type. I do try to go back to edit my grandma(grammar) but then I get to the point of too lazy and then just forget about it. LOL

I am always very flattered whenever someone would think that I write "well" and I really am humbled....because I know that I always will have room for improvement...maybe I have progressed...

(thank you to those that think I write well, I am really honored and flattered!! I'll keep on trying.... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewizabeth View Post
Moi, you are so special. That girl was the lucky one. I'm glad it was a good time in a bad time, we all need those and remember the details, because it's like a lifeline.

I remember my first college English class, which I dropped after two sessions. The teacher announced that it would be "a cold day in hell" before anyone got an "A" in his class.

I was envious of a girl in the class from a wealthy family. She had everything she wanted, including self confidence.

She got a not so good grade on her first paper. The assignment had been to buy a lemon at the grocery store, then write two pages about that lemon.

I wrote three pages, lol. When the teacher was handing back the papers, he looked at me for a few seconds, like he was studying me. I had an "A" on that paper and several comments, but dropped the class because my car quit working and I didn't have a way to class.

That look stayed with me. The little things mean a lot sometimes.
awwwww, wizzy!! You are right, the little things DO mean a lot sometimes....

it doesn't surprise me that you got an "A"....I remember your typology test, aren't you in that 1%-tile with Einstein??

that girl from the wealthy family with the self-confidence....I'll bet a rat's left popsicle that she would have one time or another, suffered from some sort of low self-esteem....and if she did, I hope she got over it.

And maybe by the time you met her, she was aware of herself and on the path of self-love...
and that's good...

You're pretty special yourself, wiz....you're funny and you've always supported the moisses with your love and caring thoughts...we thank you so very much!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I kept on coming back to this post myself, not because I am trying to promote it...but it just kept me thinking about the "walls"

I know many of us have probably have conversations that involve "breaking down" another person's walls...

and I am wondering for myself, that in the future, if I get involve in such a conversation, that I'll just say, "instead of breaking down his/her wall, let's build him/her some windows..."

because for me, I don't ever want my walls knocked or broken down...just give me some windows, eh?

for the broom

"you're entering, the

zone..."
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (08-19-2009), barbo (08-19-2009), da duck (08-19-2009), GmaSue (08-19-2009), Nik-key (08-24-2009), tamiloo (08-19-2009)