View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 11:51 PM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

thank you all once again for your thoughts and prayers...

my surgery was a success....

I now am worth more than gold (I've heard that per ounce, titanium is worth more than gold) because there are enough titaniums in my now for robbers to rob my grave. (wait, they might rob me and just cut my neck off if they knew...)

my team of doctors are happy with my progress. I think they made some last minute decision to put extra hardwares in me. I was told that they have put more hardwares in me more than anyone else they ever had...

I am discovering that recovery is not linear....there are good days and bad days...

I am discovering that being a mule isn't good either, because I tend to over do it because I feel good then I pay for it later.

The funny thing is, I have rode a bike already (and got scolded by da wife. LOL) and I was fine (even though I wobbled like crazy).

but I hurt myself playing charade...ROFL.........

go figure....

and I hurt myself last night coughing....I am still choking when I eat and and I coughed so hard I think I coughed a screw loose...

anyways, some numbness and tinglings are back but I have an appt next week...

other than that, I feel pretty good...

the one thing that I have noticed..is that my neck tic has "decreased"

I am not sure if it is because my range of motion has decreased or because I felt less "ticcy" in that area...but it truly has decreased...

also, my TMJ seem to be better...I no longer am biting the inside of my mouth and having to chew on a mouth guard ALL the time...only some of the time..

so, the pluses are good...
most of all, all my digits are back in tact...I can feel them all now, they can all bend...that being torched sensation is no longer around....

I feel "tingly" sometimes but the doctor says that's normal....

well, sorry to waste cyber ink on this report....but I thought I owe you guys that...

((((BIG HUGS))))) and thanks a bunch

moi

"you're entering, the

zone..."
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (08-19-2009), Chemar (08-19-2009), FeelinGoofy (08-20-2009), mrsD (08-25-2009)