Thread: Topamax Dosage
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 02:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Jingle,

So sorry to hear you're having such a rough go of it. I know that feeling. After surgery you expect (hope) to have everything go so smoothly and not have them anymore and then WHAM! brick wall. I pray the meds work for you and you gain control. You hopefully will have much better control after surgery than before. I know I do. There was no such thing as seizure control prior to surgery ( not even slightly with the meds) and am doing much better now.

The clicking lights you mention is a big one for me (I'd call it flashing lights), strobe effect. It's still so funny that it didn't have any effect on me prior to surgery and now it does.
Noise is a true bother for me. I can handle really loud music (I mean really loud, but only if I am familliar with it and know what beat, tune to expect at all times). Any static at all and I'm climbing the walls, very bizarre. That's where the multitude of voices comes in. It doesn't even have to be very loud, but if I'm in a room with a bunch of people who are all talking at once it's like I can't think, then can't breathe and then uh oh, there I go, dizzy, sweaty, heart pounding and whoo, it may even be lights out. Again very bizarre.