Thread: Another Crisis
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 01:51 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Martha, A friend of mine got a blood clot after doing IVIG. It turned out that she had antiphospholipid antibody syndrome. It's a clotting disorder quite common in people with autoimmune diseases. Did they check you for that? The "funny" thing is that IVIG will help that problem, since it is an autoimmune disease.

Do they have you on blood thinners? I would really recommend getting a referral to a hematologist to figure out if you have any clotting disorders.

I am so sorry you guys are having such a hard time finding the right combo of treatments for MG. It's so frustrating that I hardly know what to say. Please be careful with the taking of "vitamins." Adding only one at a time is always best in case you have any kind of reaction. And I can't say enough that you should always check with both your doctor and your pharmacy about potential drug interactions.

I know that the worst part about MG is giving up your old life. I had to do that too and it stinks. I miss working every day. I think "rethinking" your life is essential and realizing that "you are not WHAT you do!" I hate when people say that "fat and ugly" BS, Erin, it makes me so sad. Why people have to be so cruel. It is a struggle every day just to survive and every single one of you deserves a huge pat on the back and TONS of support.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote