View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 04:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi guys~
I'm not sure how inspiring it is, but I got to thinking about how good it felt the last time I got serious about losing weight. I mean really serious, where I was going down pant sizes and people were complimenting me and asking me what I was doing to lose weight.

Do you remember how you felt when they gave you those compliments asked you those questions? I do, and I remember it made me want to keep losing. I remember standing in front of my mirror with my jeans on and pulling them out thinking--OMG--I can buy a smaller size!! I was turning sideways and looking over at my shoulder trying to see if my butt looked any different. Isn't if funny how we kinda look the same to us? I think cuz we see us everyday.

I've started getting serious already, and people are starting to notice. You guys remember how it feels, I know you do. Man, it motivates the he!! outta you! Now is a perfect time to get serious. Think about summer coming and the shorts coming out. You won't have sweatshirts and long pants to hide under. (OK, if you're anything like me anyway)

You know, it really isn't so bad once you start. I think it's really just the idea of starting. We all know it's a matter of burning more calories than we take in. That's what I'm trying to do. I'm not starving myself, nor am I denying myself, because that's setting myself up for binge eating. I'm 50 years old and have probably tried every diet known to man. Back to the basics. Dieting is a very personal thing. Whatever works for you. As long as you incorporate exercise into your daily regime and get the proper nutrients/vitamins you should be good to go.

We have a great support system here. We get sidetracked by having fun on here, but we DO support each other. We all fall off of our diets at times. Sometimes a lot of times. We are human and we need to recognize that that will happen. It's OK. When we are ready, we will get back to it. We can't beat ourself up forever. We need to look at it as in the past and move on.

Sorry I always say/type what I'm thinking, so I ramble. I will gladly diet with you guys. I take my "virtual walk" at 11am central. I walk in my house for 30 minutes, with lipstick on so I am a "BABE"! That's a carryover from the other forum. I imagine whomever wants to go along with me different places every day--Wallys world, the beach, the grocerystore, mainstreet uptown here. Carrying it further, we had skateboards involved, playing hide and seek inbetween aisles, got kicked out of the store, knocked down store displays, almost charged with shoplifting......we all added on to stories when we walked. Some gals could not walk, so they did what they could instead. Any type of exercise--as long as they had lipstick (chapstick, lipgloss etc.) on so they could be a BABE.

Come on ladies, lets start that diet and exercise program. Lets drop some pounds so we can get those compliments!! Take a minute now and remember what it was like..... It was awesome!! Think of those shorts! Let's do it! Let's do it together!! It's really not that bad, it's just the idea of starting it. Whadda say????

Hugs,
Jan
PS--Welcome Keggy & Jo--shoulda said that first, sorry!