View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 07:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edever34 View Post
I really need help! I went to a new PT DR. yesterday and he started Anadine (led light therapy) the paddle type and I had a terrible flare up afterwards. I have RSD in right leg and foot. I had the "burning " under controll for several months and this treatment brought it back. I am supposed to go again tomorrow, But i really do not want anymore of these treatments. Has anyone out there tried these treatments?? I have looked thru old threads and cant find anything. I was going to PT agian because I am loosing flexibility in foot and have developed bad heel pain recently. Please let me hear from you all! Thanks
My PT has been using some sort of red light/laser therapy on my shoulder (site of my original RSD) with the paddles, and applies hand held beams of red light on the back of my neck. My RSD spread last fall to my cervical spine and my head and I suffer from excrutiating headaches, especially after I use my arms for anything too strenous.

My PT has been my lifesaver, when no one else believed in my pain, he did. He has his doctorate in his field and I trust him to know his stuff. And he hasn't hurt me (at least not on purpose), whereas my ortho's PT's hurt me all the time and didn't believe me when I said I was in pain (my RSD is likely the result of 2 shoulder surgeries with really aggressive PT before and after each). So far the laser therapy has kept my RSD from spreading to my other shoulder and arm, and it has never caused me any pain.

Did your PT session include anything other than the light therapy? Exercises, etc? Perhaps it was something else that brought on your pain.

I hope you find relief soon - good luck. Sandy

PS - in response to Daniella's posting - he places the units very gently on my upper back. I don't let ANYONE touch my shoulder, except my husband when he puts my Lidoderm patches on in the morning (he asks me what I plan to where first, so he knows how to place them so that they are hidden).

I know what you mean about people touching you. I avoid it as much as possible, and haven't allowed my PT to touch it. Doubt I ever will....I'm not tough enough for that.

Last edited by SandyRI; 08-19-2009 at 12:33 PM. Reason: respond to Daniella
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote