View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 03:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Ankles

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinhermes View Post
Hello everyone! I hope this post finds you all strong and happy!

Recently I've had really bad problems with my head heating up - sweat will just pour down - I won't be hot anywhere else, but it feels like my head is on fire! I use a bag of ice to cool it down, but wonder what it could be.

I've also noticed that since taking my cellcept @ 2000 mgs, my appetite is totally GONE! I have to literally choke down food. I am still @ 60/40 pred, so wonder I'm no longer hungry.

Lastly, my ankles have been HUGE recently - the size of my calves.
I called my neuro to try and get some water pills but he wants me to go see my PCP = he doesn't want to "mask" anything and says there is no reason for me to retain 10-15 lbs of water weight in my ankles........

Does ANY of this sound familiar to any of you? I know it's silly, but I am afraid of congestive heart failure or something like that. I eat almost no salt, no soda, take my vitamins regularly and get on my EFX when I have the time/energy.......

Thanks!
Erin

OH girlfriend I can relate. I'm on Pred. and my ankles are disgusting. In fact I can't wear those knee hi nylons without them biting into my skin. HATE IT! HATE IT! HATE IT! I also have the fun moon face, bulge at the back of my neck, and big belly. Also get hot and sweaty easy. Did I mention that I HATE steroids. I feel for you girl.
leaningin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote