View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 07:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Shocked Beware! Get involved in your own treatment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by massageSA View Post
I had an increase of Trileptal 3 weeks ago. Did fine til last week. Every day I have been getting worse. I am having a very bad reaction to the increase. I go see the doc 4 days ago when it started and he says it's not the med increase. I went to GYN and regular doc and there is nothing wrong with me. Back to square 1 again it's the meds and now I'm ****** at my neuro for not helping me. So I'm stepping it down to what I was taking befor without him. I could've slapped him. I don't think he was listening when I told him my symptoms. Cold sensation inside my mouth,freezing hands, hair is breaking like crazy, woman problems I don't care to mention,tightness in my chest,extreme muscle weakness......What the Bleep else could it be. He's crazy I tell u.
In the 8 years I had TN, I tried so many medications I can't count them; then, the mother of them all, an MVD. Now I have Anesthesia Dolorosa. It is not worth the risk, i promise. At Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center they are doing a radiation treatment called Stereotactic Radiosurgery similar to gamma knife, but more linear from what I can comprehend. Tho it did not work for me, I don't think it harmed me. Six months later, after at least 4-6 Neurosurgeons told me not to have an MVD; my husband convinced me it was worth trying. Grasping at straws and got poked in the eye with the needle (metaphorically speaking); now instead of my jaw hurting, my eye, my cheek, my eyebrow? Take it easy; I find ice works well for me. But now I don't think drs. realize they take an oath to do no harm... yet, they will take risks. My doctor said, when he thought I couldn't hear him, that's what my ex has. Why do you think she got the house? Be very careful. Research everything. b4 u can do it. Research the people too. How many have they done; how many were successful? Try to figure out if they are lying or not as well. No place to run to...nowhere to hide.
findingjulz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EE03 (09-06-2009), Nik-key (08-21-2009)