View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 07:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewlbutterfly View Post
Nikiki~
Thanks about the name. It is really a good feeling to know that you are not the only one out there with this horrible pain. Although, I would never wish it on anyone, not even my worst enemy. I know that this happened for a reason but I know I would not have the surgery if I had known what my outcome would have been. Yet, if I did not know the outcome and being in the state of mind that I was at before the MVD procedure especially if there was a chance for everything to be back to normal, I would have done it because I was so desperate to stop the pain. I am sorry to hear that you suffer from this as well.

Is there anything that you have found to help stop the relenting pain? My Neurologist has me on Dilantin 300mg, Nortriptyline 200mg, OxyContin 10mg every 12 hours, Zoloft 100mg and Ambien 10mg to help me sleep. As of Yesterday he changed my OxyContin, due to there no longer a generic being made, to Methadone 5-10mg a day. I am really having a rough day! I think it is from me stopping the Oxy. Anyways, I hope it will get better. I am trying to stay strong for my 3 children.

Keep in touch,
Rachel
I am taking Dilaudid 8mg 1-2 every 4-6; 2 ambien; and I have a pain pump that has Dilaudid in it apparently set to maximum with balcofen in it (muscle relaxer). At one pt. I was taking 240mg Oxycontin then I had MVD; did a 6 days in rehab (per my psychiatrist); walked out of there with NORCO; within a month I was back to 40mg Oxy 3x per day. I understand that oxycontin is best taken every 8 hrs. based on the bell curve. It starts wearing off after 8.
Ask ur doc about it. He may agree and I know it will likely make u feel lots better. God Bless;
findingjulz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nik-key (08-21-2009)