View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 07:20 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Stitcher,

Properly presented, a person with an intermittent seizure disorder or history does not need to show a seizure during an EEG for a doctor to prescribe a seizure medication. I have been on Neurontin for 8 years yet my EEG has never shown a seizure.

I was on seizure meds for three years in high school even though my EEG did not show any seizures. I went back on meds for a year in college.

I have the occasional simple partial seizure (sometimes called absence seizure, called petit mal back when I was in high school.)

Some seizure meds can also help with some anxiety issues that he may have due to PTSD. I was on phenobarbital in high school and it took my anxiety down remarkably. I was able to let my fingernails grow for the first time in my life. Previously, they were always torn back to the quick.

If your son is anywhere near St Petersberg, Dr Robert W. Thatcher is an excellent resource to look up. He has worked at the VA doing clinic and research in your son's area of need. I have his e-mail address. It is qeeg at appliedneuroscience.com Replace the 'at' with @

You might try asking him for directions to pursue if he is not in your son's area.

Again, my best to you and your son.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote