View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 09:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Stress brought on MG?

Hi everyone,
This is my first post here. I am not "officially" DXd yet. My eye Dr and Hematologist both say MG but going to see a Neuro Optho next week. My question is did any of you get MG after chronic stress? About 3 months ago i woke up one morning with a droopy eyelid. After 2 weeks with no improvement I went to the eye Dr. who did some tests and concluded MG. I have done alot of research on the internet since then and am convinced this was brought on by stress. I am a very happy person who always tries to look at the bright side of things however the last couple of months I have been dealing with issues with a grown son. One day I had a complete meltdown and cried and shook for hours. My 16 year old refers to it as "the day I had my nervous breakdown" It was right after this that the Ptosis started. However I had been waking up in the mornings for several months with a shaky, weak feeling in my left arm and hand. I kept thinking I had slept on it wrong but am now wondering if this was one of the first symptoms and I didn't know it. I just have so many questions but wanted to see if any of you started symptoms after stress or if you think it was there and the stress set if off? I am sooo glad I found this forum.
dog lover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote