View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 10:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Teaching it

Yes, the sweet Grandma at the hospital who educated me about the Amgen scandal really conked me on the head with it. She was teaching a bunch of us in the waiting room, with photocopies of articles and telling the whole story in her own words.
I would like to spread the story even more; as I am free and independent I can say things that other people cannot so easily say because of their job; or in the case of a lot of PD associations, their need to appear neutral or reasonable or at least not burning with anger.
If I had e-mail addresses for the whole world, I would SPAM the whole world about GDNF, just one time. If anyone has any suggestions who I should send my article to, let me know. That sounds like personal vanity, but I consider it time to create a "teaching moment" and conk people on the head like the 70-year old woman conked me on the head with this story, and the litmus test: people's reactions to the story. If someone says that what was done to the 48 volunteers was all okay, count your fingers after you shake hands with them.
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote