View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 01:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I was just talking with my PT guy yesterday about this very subject. I have CRPS type II, which means they know how I got CRPS, and which nerves are damaged, and my nerves like it warm.

Right now it is summer time, so it isnt to bad for me. But soon as winter hits I will be miserable the entire time. I am always looking for ways to keep my right leg warm that isnt bulky, or I dont need an extension cord. Something that I can take with me and use on the go, very easy to pack, or wont take up much space. There isnt a lot out there thats for sure.

If you have any clients that have this kind of CRPS, then you never want to put cold hands, or cold products directly on the effected body part as this would cause pain for sometimes days after the initial contact. And I would assume that it would be the same for the other type of CRPS as well.

When it comes to direct contact like massage, just a breeze hurts pretty bad, so you could just imagine how bad someone rubbing direcly on ones skin would feel like. Personally I let my PT guy do the massage, even though it hurts for 3 days after the massage, it also causes it to be less sensitive. So when my grandkids jump on me, or my wife touches me, or I bump into something, it does not affect me as bad as it would otherwise.

Believe me this is not for everyone because it really hurts for 3 days non stop, and causes sleep problems. It feels like my nerves are actually raw underneath the skin. It is kinda weird in that it never gets any easier, it is always just as raw feeling every single time!

If it wasnt for the fact that I have 9 grand kids, and love to let them crawl all over me, rough house with them a little bit, and have that extra flexability. I wouldnt let my PT guy touch me at all because of how much it hurts.

Gone Squatchin
allentgamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote