View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 12:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks Melody

That's great news about Alan! I wish him the best of luck. It's 3 am in Sydney and I am wide awake. I figure this is still part of the withdrawel from my Tryciclic I stopped 5 weeks ago.

I was so terribly fatigued on the combo of that and my BP medicine I had to stop it. Plus I think I was beginning to get a bit of Tardive Dyskensia from the trycilic.

I have 3 issues right now. BP,insomnia,and anxiety. Anxiety & insomnia raise my BP. BP makes me more anxious and causes more insomnia. Insomnia cuses more anxiety. Anxiety makes my BP go up too high. It does not stop!! My poor PN has not given me this much greif for along time now. The other issue I have is that my father has had BP since his early 30's. He is on 5 different BP tabs together now. He is 57 years old. He also had a stroke at 52 from not taking his BP meds. So he asks me "How high is your BP?" I reply, "150/100". He then says "That's how high mine was when I had my stroke!" If I say my BP is 140/95 he says "BP like that will give you a stroke." Needless to say my BP has gone up to 170/110 worrying about this stroke. So what sort of numbers truly cause stroke,and for how long?Do you also think it's better to consider SSRI's or anxiety meds? I have never taken either of them.

Thank you

Last edited by Aussie99; 09-13-2006 at 12:43 PM.
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote