View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 04:34 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default oh man.....

good grief - like the lightbulbs...pick your poison.

thanks for this information,makes me furious and we need to know, you are so appreciated for pointing these things out.

paula

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZucchiniFlower View Post
Wow, I feel like an idiot. I thought they stopped using Thimerosal. Here's an article about it:

Will Safety Fears Hurt Swine Flu Vaccinations?
Concerns Over Thimerosal, Expedited Approval Process Ignite Worries in Some

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/SwineFl...8206167&page=1

"However, groups opposed to current vaccination practices continue to condemn thimerosal as a toxin responsible for the development of autism and related ailments in children. Additionally, the possibility that the swine flu vaccine could also contain an adjuvant, an ingredient that would allow more doses to be created from existing supplies of the vaccine, has also worried these groups.

"We don't have adequate safety studies on this vaccine before we are moving forward to market," said Lyn Redwood, president and co-founder of the group SafeMinds. "I'm really not convinced that we know for sure that the risk of the disease outweighs the risk of the vaccine, especially since this is a brand new additive that we have never used before in combination with thimerosal." "

......."The anticipation is that we will be producing both a thimerosal-free and a vaccine containing thimerosal," Cary said. "Because of the quantities they're talking about, multi-dose vials will be used."

Using thimerosal and multi-dose vials makes vaccines cheaper to manufacture and distribute, Treanor said.

Still, Pavia said, there will likely be enough doses of thimerosal-free vaccine for very young children whose parents fear that the chemical will have some negative effect. Taking such steps, he said, may further ensure than those who need this important vaccine will receive it.

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote