Thread: PLEASE help
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 07:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart Dear MandaC

It's hard to know why we're here, particularly when there is so much pain within us and we are lonely. I suffer from major depression, obsessive thoughts, anxieties and fears which keep me essentially housebound. But we end all possibilities of hope at death. Until then, we can anticipate that change will be ongoing and that, with effort at concentrating on the positive, that change will be positive. We have no idea what death holds. I don't know this, but my sense is that you are relatively young and do in fact have a good chance of meeting a partner that will accept and support you. No one can understand us entirely and cannot come too close unless they have the same essential conditions. What are the good things in your life? Do you have chronic pain or one of the major medical conditions? Do you suffer body dysmorphic disorder and [falsly] hate going out for fear of how you look. Do you have work, family? If you are in fairly good physical health and social anxiety/self image is fair, Hang on to these good things and grow them by concentrating on them as opposed to the negative. Even as I say this, I am all too well aware of how hard it is to do, and I am barely taking baby steps toward positive changes in myself. But we are here for a reason, and part of that reason is to learn how to live. This life is the chance we have for that, and that ends with death, leaving us unprepared, I believe. Bless You for coming to this forum for help. It is a great thing to do. So many of us share your conditions and feelings. May God Bless You and, through this forum and other events, show you the way out. billie
billie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (08-20-2009), Alffe (08-20-2009), GmaSue (08-20-2009), MandaC (08-20-2009), Nik-key (08-24-2009), who moi (08-20-2009)