View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 07:49 PM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
Exclamation

hi mk,

before you try the vitamins (btw, Bonnie G vitamins been around for many years, while I, myself, have never tried it, I have heard of a lot of successful stories also)...

you've mentioned that your son has NOT been officially dx...

I don't doubt that you or your son might have TS. I don't doubt your intelligence.

But before you start trying the vitamins, please DO consider getting him officially dx.

you can then choose to use meds or not (I prefer the natural way myself, but I think it depends on the severity of the tics)...

as dear ChAugusto has said (sorry, Chemar, I just had to pick on her. LOL),
be careful with the vitamins.

here are some of the things that I'd also check before using the vitamins.

your son's sensitivity levels toward food and environment. Allergies(not just seasonal but foods such as gluten sensitivity).

his own psyche well being. Is he well adjusted, does he feel like he needs to be medicated with his tics? Some live with it and are OK with it.

since he is 8. He might want to give you some input as well.

~~~~~~~

on another topic. I can understand you being a parent, wanting to do whatever you can for your kid and wish that you can take TS from him.

And I am sure you are going through the guilt of "I gave this to him...."

Please think positive and know that they can read your negativities. Stay positive not only for him, but for yourself also....

We have Chemar here who has an awesome son due to an awesome mom that is young yet confident.

We have feeling goofy who has an awesome son, Scott, who I know and have met personally. He is someone that has an awesome mama also and exudes confidence.

Then there is Lara, another awesome mom of TSer, who is very successful with her son with TS.

While it took me a long time, over 30 years to find myself and in the past 10 years have just coming into being. I am living with my TS without meds and am enjoying a self-journey that I am thankful for because of my TS (I know it sounds unbelievable, but it's true).

I don't know a lot of the folks here because I don't frequent the TS forum (does that tell you something? LOL)

but I hope that before you jump into anything, please get him an official dx. (there are other tic disorders). There might also be co-morbids that he might have.

co-morbids most commonly associated with TS are OCD and ADHD/ADD and depression.

And sometimes, the co-morbids might be worse than the TS itself...such as ADD/ADHD or OCD....

anyways, just my two cents, nice to meet you. I wish you and your son the very best in his journey and may he turns out full of self-confidence and awareness with a dash of humbleness...

"you're entering, the

zone..."

Last edited by who moi; 08-21-2009 at 12:22 PM.
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote