View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 09:26 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishann View Post
I have some heel pain and then it goes up my leg. It mostly when I get up in the morning. After I walk a little is seems to be better. Because it is going up my leg, not sure if it is PN or if this is something a foot doctor to exam.

Any input would be appreciated, Trish
Hi Trishann:

Many years ago, when I got up in the morning, and I placed my foot on the floor, well, I saw stars.

I immediately went to see my podiatrist who took an x-ray and announced "you have a double heel spur", and he showed me the x-ray. There it was.

I said "so what do I do now"? and he said "you get orthotics".

He took a foot mold for the orthotics, and it took a long time to get them.

But they arrived and I wore them each day inside my sneakers.

This was well over 7 years ago. I used to limp everywhere.

Then, and I have no idea if this is related or not", I lost a lot of weight due to a change in my eating habits.

I did NOT need the orthotics anymore. I had no more pain (and I remember the pain, believe me ) so to go from THAT KIND OF PAIN WHEN YOUR HEEL HITS THE FLOOR, to no pain at all, well it was a wonder.

The other day I was at the podriatist and I said "Years ago, I had this horrible heel spur and I had orthotics and well, I don't have the pain anymore, so what happened?"

He simply said "sometimes heel spurs stop bothering you".

I did not get any further x-rays so I don't know if the heel spur is still there.

I do remember at the time, I had to go for 3 ultrasound treatments and an injection in my heel. My doctor sprays some freezing stuff on the heel before the injection. He was great. The injection helped a great deal.

So perhaps if you go to the podiatrist he can take an x-ray and rule out any heel spurs. I have no idea if your heel pain is related to neuropathy, but it's a good idea to rule out anything else.

Best of luck

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote