View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 09:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello everyone!

I met with my neurologist yesterday and have received the results .... 3 copies of the PMP22 gene. So CMT Type 1 A is confirmed. I will be referred for genetic counselling (my genes deserve to be sent to counselling for turning on me this way! "concerning the implications of these results to me and my family" . I am to have my son tested. I have checked with everyone else in my family and no one else seems to be displaying symptoms; but they know what to look out for.

Basic info: No meds as there is no cure. To help combat symptoms and stay strong: moderate but regular exercise, eating healthy, don't gain weight. I have a follow up appointment in one year to see where I am at that point.

I am now in the process of trying to put together a supplement regimen that will help with the symptoms. Any one who cares to send a "top 3" list is welcomed to do so and thanked in advance. (The lists I have put together from Kitt and other sources is a very long one .... how to choose?).

I guess that's it for now. Oh .... I have always been a multi-tasking "A" type personality, so I'm going peri-menopausal at the same time. Yeah. Hot flashes and all. They seem to "turn on the lights" re: my neuropathy. I figure I should feel just great in 10 - 15 years!

Di
Diana Dilley is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lynxgal (08-21-2009)