View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 12:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I am here... :)

Got sidetracked when hubby returned home...

To answer your questions:

Before Prednisone, my BP was about 100-110/60-65. It still did not change at all for years. I have been on Prednisone daily now since 1993. I gained 80 pounds in a very short time, get little exercise and now the BP issue. Repetitive use of my muscles makes my burning PN really severe, so I am not moving around a lot, other than going to store, etc...

My friend also mentioned the Dash diet in that article, Liza Jane, and I guess it is going to come down to where I need to just starve myself out of some of this. I have considered seeing a surgeon for bariatric bypass surgery. Although my neighbor has done very well with this surgery, she was in good health... MY diet and exercise definitely need work.

I will try going back to the Natatorium and walking in the water. In 2000, I had a renal artery aneurysm repaired and lost weight pre surgery by going to the water and also walking outside. (This was VERY light water exercise.) It was a fairly easy way to drop 25 pounds, but it really drove me crazy, because you self focus so much on weight, food, scales, exercise, etc...

I have an appointment to see the Internist for followup next week. It it continues to be elevated, I will go in earlier. This afternoon, it was 170/76, tonight 144/75. It didn't help my confidence a lot when he said he hoped this was not due to my kidneys...

MrsD: Is there an over the counter K+ that will work as well as the prescription? My Internist won't give me any, even though I was hospitalized at one point due to low potassium. He says I don't need it since the lab is normal. I know you can get a lot in things like canteloupe, but a lot of the fruits and veggies fire up my ulcers...

Thank all of you for your input,
Cathie
Yorkiemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote