View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 12:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused TS and anemia

Hi - I'm new here - I found this site by googling tourette's and anemia. I have suspected that my ten year old daughter has TS (I know the condition well as I have lived with it since the age of 5 - of course back then you only had TS if you swore a lot so I was labeled hyperactive). I took her to her pediatrician and he ordered a blood work up and tested her thyroid levels (I'm not sure why). He then referred us to a pediatrician specializing in tic disorders. (of course a waiting list - I won't get in to see her for months) We returned to receive the follow up to the blood work and found that she has low iron levels. He said she was anemic. He prescribed iron pills "ferrous sulphate" 300 mg. which she is to take once a day. What sort of concerns should I have with her taking this level? Is it at all possible that the severity of her tics will diminish once her iron levels have improved? I am a desperate mom with a beautiful daughter who is suffering greatly because of her motor and vocal tics. I don't want false hope and yet still hoping!

Last edited by cassandra; 01-04-2007 at 12:38 AM. Reason: omitted wording
cassandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote