View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 01:55 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Susan, Welcome. This is a great group of people here who can really give you tons of support.

MG can be brought on by all sorts of things that upset the immune system. Having someone put a hit out on you and viciously attack you would definitely qualify as upsetting. Good grief. I'm glad he's in prison.

If you really live where you say, then maybe you shouldn't put it on the forum. They have computers in prison. Just in case you don't want anyone knowing where you are!

I think that you are amazing for having survived such a horrid experience. You should really lean on that and realize that if a big BLEEP (can't call him what I want to) can't bring you down, then a little disease like MG can't bring you down either.

I hope you have a good neuro. There are other treatments for MG. Resting between activities helps a lot. And stay the heck out of the sun and heat! It makes MG exponentially worse.

I know what it feels like to want to give up. But you never know what good tomorrow will bring. You have to surround yourself with all that's good, with all that you love. Like music, hobbies, etc. Pamper yourself. Stay in touch with people who don't want to hurt you!!! And I would highly recommend, since I have PTSD bad too, that you find a psychologist or psychiatrist that understands it and can give you coping skills. Even a self-defense class would help - which I know from experience.

I think when a disease hits you, that's when faith comes in to play. I often take a deep breath and just say "Okay, I have MG, now what am I going to do next?" It's a stupid Norwegian thing where we never give up or in and just keep going. Heck, it's probably an everyone thing but I come from a farming background where my ancestors had it really rough but kept on moving forward anyway.

Just hang in there. I had this stupid disease my entire life and only found out about it at age 41, 9-1/2 years ago. I'm alive and relatively fine. So can you be!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (08-26-2009)