View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 01:06 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Aussie, accepting neuropathy is a step to denying...

your anxiety something to 'feed' on! As sports people do, visualize the positives, and block out the bad/worst scenarios... Don't do the what-if's/if-onlys! You just have to accept the IS and work up or down from there.

Find a good place to put your mind in when it gets hyper -mine is on a beautiful beach, on a deliteful recliner, with a nice cool drink near, in dappled sunlite, enjoying the sounds of palm fronds flapping in a lite breeze and lite surf & birds doing their thing for background.

USE that aspect, then figure out what your other 'trigger points' are. Some will amaze you! One doc I've gone to always asks on an 'update sheet': have you been depressed, considered suicide etc? I've always responded: Who wouldn't BE?!!! Not to be would be 'abnormal'! There are lots of things one can get wound up about...most aren't worth it, many don't require energy worth it for that particular time and others well, just go day by day.

As for BP, after my PN's initial onset..I'd a thyroid episode [for want of better way to put it] I was scripted Lasix and my BP went down sooo lo I was wondering if I was ALIVE! I quit it myself, and told docs why...no doc ever said 'why'd ya do that?'! Docs have phone services, or offices where you can leave messages, IF there are seemingly direct cause/effect BP issues going on, well a phone call is far cheaper preventative medicine than an unpleasant trip to the ER.. Hugs & Fuzzies! Keep it together, what other choice is there? - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote