Thread: ear infections?
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 02:59 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default ear infections?

am I the only one that stays on the ear infection merry-go-round? I swear, it seems like i just get over having one, and blamo! another crops up. they are outter ear infections, and can be quite painful.

My local MD was over run, and said I should go to the ER. I called the ER who said it was NOT a covered emergency, that I could hang on and see my MD in a day or two. I could be seen at the ER, but would have to pay cash. I had an appointment lined up with my local MD who shut down his practice because of being overwhelmed with medicaid patients and being the only one for a long way around that accepts medicaid, it was impossible to get to see him. He finally closed his doors. The local hospital that he worked for, said they are shy by more than 20 MDs and are working hard to hire more staff, but cannot see less than emergent cases. Go to the ER. ARGH!

I went to the next city up, and used an ala carte MD. he is CASH only. NO insurance. anyway, very pleasant, $25 bucks to look in my ear vs $500 for the ER, and he confirms its outter ear infection. Got my rx, and off I go.

its just one infection after another in my ear. I am miserable, I am cranky, and I have had enough of this. Does anyone else deal with the round robin of ear infections? Should I be doing something different. The new MD (who I like very much) said its just one of those things, and I am doing everything right. Hang in there. He gave me Cipro drops for my ear. lets hope this works.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lady (08-25-2009)