View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 05:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Update on my 16 year old daughter after ketamine infusions

Hello all,

I hope this finds you all some hope. As I have posted in the past few weeks, my daughter underwent ketamine infusions with Dr. Kirkpatrick in Tampa on July 28, 29, and 30th. She underwent the three day four hour infusions.

They were difficult, she went into the dis-associative state, but it wasn't horrible. She seemed to do very well under the Ketamine. It has been 21 days and it is unbelievable. She is laughing and smiling all of the time. Going for long walks, hanging out with her friends again. We went to her open house at her high school last night and I couldn't keep up with her while we were walking from class to class. I actually had a blister on my own foot from walking so fast. She was up and down flights of stairs. I had my daughter back last night the one that I had 6 years ago before this horrible disease hit her left leg.

Even though things are great right now, I am so scared about tomorrow and the next day and the day after that. I know that this is a day by day disease, but I was hoping that you could tell me how to make it though this year. What if it comes back full blown again, how do I help her? I feel so much hope but at the same time I have this uncontrollable dread in chest that it isn't going to last. How do I keep the hope?

My prayers are always with all of you, I pray for a cure and for your pain relief.

Much love,

Sandy
SandyS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (08-22-2009), ALASKA MIKE (09-08-2009), Dew58 (08-22-2009), fmichael (08-25-2009), LinJane (08-22-2009), loretta (08-31-2009), Mslday (08-25-2009), used to be (08-22-2009)