View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 01:36 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Lisa,

I just wanted to say hi and tell you that I am sorry that you are going through so much.

In Co. You can get both SSI and SSDI at the same time but they offset each other and they also have a state program that pays you money while you are fighting for either or both of these and the state just takes back the money they gave you out of the backpay from SSI or SSDI. I would check and see if either state offers that.

Also as far as the Mayo clinic, I have thought many of time about going there because of feeling like I don't have some of the right diagnoses. My PCP wants me to go to CA. though to a clinic there rather then the Mayo. He says they have a much better clinic then the Mayo. When I talked to the Mayo a few years ago also they told me that you have to have a diagnoses before you came there. That part just didn't sound right to me. Bill and I were planning on taking a trip this year so I could go to CA.

I can understand your family in a way because Bill had asked me many of time why someone couldn't do something for me. I have been to 100's of Drs., not lying and they have given me so many diagnoses I could honestly go down into the Guinness Book of Worlds Records and I still don't think they have hit on the right ones.

I think RSD is one that Drs. are just guessing at treatments. By reading on here and seeing how many different meds everyone is taking and different treatments is gives realization to that fact. It's not like other diseases where they have specific meds for it seems.

With TOS like you I have had the right side done and I have seen a major difference since my surgery. The fact is though I still have TOS on the right side even though I had the surgery. I don't have the numbness and tingling but I still know what I can and can't do with that right arm. The left needs fixing but I am so hesitant on getting that side done. I trust Dr. S completely but the surgery is so hard to heal from. I'm also taking my surgeries in order as I feel they are needed but that TOS surgery just keeps getting put off even though I have no doubt it is needed.

I think it is very hard for your family to except the fact that you are going to stay in so much pain and be in the shape you are in because they love you so much. It just bothered Bill like crazy that I couldn't get well. I just kept telling him that the Drs. were doing all they could do.

They see us cry so much because of the pain, run from Dr. to Dr. trying to help ourselves and seeing that we don't seem to be getting anywhere.

I have mixed feelings about people working with the TOS and the RSD because of what it does to a person. I honestly can't say it makes you worse but I do know that we are very limited to what we can do with the TOS and then to have the RSD mixed in makes it so much worse.

Also with the disablity you do have to have a letter from a Dr. saying you will be off work for a year. Nowadays it seems somewhat easier to get it then it did when I started fighting for mine and RSD I believe is now considered on the SS list for disablity as well as Fibro. Liz pretty much covered everything about SS. She is right on it. I do know that once you get on it you can work and make some money but at the time you try and get on it you can't be working. Bill was able to work and make 800. a month so he ran our antique store and he never had any problems with SS. He only kept it open so many days a week to keep under that guideline and to keep hisself going at the time.

It sounds like you are so happy being able to work that you are able to cope with the pain better then even your loved ones can. It also sounds like you are very angry at your family for pressuring you. I can understand that because I felt pressured just when Bill would ask me why no one could get me well. But it was just me being angry at the Drs. myself that made me feel that way.

I am blessed with a wonderful PCP that has stood by me for 16 years but I still get mad at him at times because I feel like I'm not getting anywhere with my health problems. I've bit his head off more then once. LOL We can't help but have some anger over the shape we are in I don't think. We see it more when we try to do the things we use to do and can't.

Anyway, I do hope that you can help them to understand your side and I hope that you will relax more with their feelings.

Have a good evening.
Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote