View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 06:22 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Sorry I haven't replied to this thread for several days. I have been almost full-time with my two grandsons, the youngest is autistic and we had no support for him today so I was just me and the boys!!

Dmom said: "Also get a hold of the parent or guardian responsible for the 11 year old he drove. Or any other minor he could have the chance to drive."

The problem with this is that the parents of the 11yr are my daughter and son-in-law (and step sister to the two boys), who is her step father. If I told them about the black outs while driving they would be on the phone yelling at him about being irresponsible and not in a supportive way.

I don't need anyone yelling at him in a non-supportive way, but in a supportive "are you nuts, please don't do it again and/or please talk to your doctors/social worker and be honest with them."

I know that if my 11 yr old granddaughter's biological father, who she has been visiting, had known about the black out he would have disallowed her to go with my son (her uncle). He did three tours in Afghanistan and understand these things.

I commented to this son-in-law (the 11 yr olds step-father) a couple of days ago about how my son will not "own up" to his condition and be honest with his doctors or social worker at the VA. He shrugged his shoulders and said something like well it is his problem, nothing we can do about it.

I was furious, to say the least. But then neither of them are very supportive people to begin with, unless it is a problem within their immediate family.

I will work on my son over this weekend and try again on Monday to reach the Social Worker at the VA again.
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote