View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Irony is Bill & Hilary are vacationing on Bermuda (or maybe that should read were vacationing?) as Hurricane Bill barrels toward that speck in the Atlantic

sad to say I am hurricane experienced from living here in Florida

I freak when they get close especially after my area got hit by 3 in a row in 2004

apart from getting outa town if a biggie is headed your way....they need to be sure to have lots of bottled water, batteries and flashlights, canned & snack food that doesnt need to be cooked, in case of power loss (which I imagine they already stock for blizzards?) Dont forget dry petfood and a manual can opener! A BBQ grill is great as one can boil water on it as well as cook!

boarding up windows in areas expecting impact is a good idea. If not possible then duct tape over inside of windows to prevent the glass from shattering inward can help. Here people make a + then an x over it from edge to edge and corner to corner. Also be sure to have a full tank of gas in the car in case pumps are out after the storm. Fill bathtubs with water too in case it is needed to flush toilets and to wash in in case the water supply becomes cut off or contaminated.

be sure to trim back dead or overhanging branches off trees too and move anything that can become a missile in those winds indoors(including garden furniture, potted plants etc )

designate a safe room in the house, preferably a central downstairs room with no windows

pray pray and pray more that it misses you!!

I am sure there is stuff I have forgotten but those are the essentials I recall

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (08-23-2009), Hockey (08-21-2009), who moi (08-21-2009)