View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 09:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm so happy your daughter is doing well! I have a son who is 17 and broke his right tibia, compound fracture. This happened in the fall of 2007 during football. He has had 4 surgeries and needs one more. Seeing your child in pain is one of the most horrible things a parent can go through. I wish you and your daughter all the best of health and luck!

I was scheduled for the ketamine infusions to be done in September. I cancelled. From all I have heard and read, I am not really a candidate. I think I was just being put in for experimental purposes. I know there are MANY who need this done. I am very confident in the procedure but I am not in so much pain that I feel I want to do the proceedure. I have heard great things, and not so great things. I am the mother of 4 and can't take the chances of having my "brain scrambled", which is what I was told by a health care professional. I know this is a necessary procedure for many, but, I think it needs to be carefully thought out.

I am so happy that your daughter, being so young is feeling so well. It is horrible to see our children in pain! My son spent months in a hospital bed in our home unable to walk! I understand the agony and I am so happy for you that she is doing well. I will keep you in my prayers! I have heard of your doctor and understand he is very good! Best wishes and enjoy the rest of the summer before school starts! Linda
LinJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (08-22-2009), Dew58 (08-22-2009), SandyS (08-22-2009)