Thread: Confusion
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 10:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Joanmarie

Thanks for your reply.

Ive been spending this afternoon sorting out stuff to prepare for my appointment with my consultant on Tuesday. I recently bought the MGFA Myasthenia Gravis A manual for the health care provider.

I was having a look at their Quantified Myasthenia Gravis score. From that it was pretty clear my nuerologist doesn't understand the role of the respitory muscles. My vital capacity is around 3.86 (however in 2007 it was 4.01 and I was smoking 20 plus cigs a day). Its pretty much bang on for my age height and weight. On the QMG chart it says basically everyone should be within 80% of their predicted vital capacity. My vital capacity dropped in June and it ended up at 58% of what my predicted capacity was. When I pointed out the drop (at that point I didn't know it was significant and I didn't have a calculator) I was told that this was fine as long as it stayed above 1.5 it was fine. Ive found out since a vital capacity of 1.5 means intubation. I wasn't fine, it doesn't really fill me with hope!

I know Im not dying with a 58% score on vital capacity, but this shows moderate involvement of the respitory muscles. I just feel like I have to do all the work for them!!!!!!!!!!

Love
Rach
rach73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote