View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

WOW, that is great news!!! I can't tell you how happy I am for you, your daughter and your whole family right now - you must be all thrilled to bits!!! It's SO good to hear a positive story for a change and it gives me hope that things can get better one day too! I really hope your daughter will continue to get relief and that she will be able to put the RSD behind her and lead a normal, pain free life like she so desperately deserves!!

I agree with the others about trying to live for the now and worry about the later when/if it happens though I can understand that you must be very scared and think you are doing the right thing by knowing what to do should your daughter ever flare again. My Doctor always told me that if I went into remission, the further away from flares you can get, the less chance you have of the RSD coming back. I know of some people who have had Ketamine infusions and had a flare and have gone back for another infusion so maybe that is something you would be able to do too, should you have to? Also, if your daughter has a flare, make sure she keeps moving as much as possible even thought it's painful - I was always told that was the best thing you can do to try and prevent the RSD from getting any worse.

I really wish they'd do Ketamine infusions over here in the UK but they don't and wont consider them on anyone under the age of 16. It has always been something my mum and I have looked into. We are still looking into the details of the Ketamine infusions in the US (thanks for the info you sent!) and are going to try and speak to my doctor about if when we see him next.

Please pass on my best wishes to your daughter and tell her I hope she continues to get relief and that I am so happy for her!!

Take care of yourself!
Alison
AintSoBad (08-22-2009), LinJane (08-23-2009), loretta (08-31-2009), SandyS (08-22-2009)