Thread: Lupus??
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 02:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi everyone, (sorry this is so long - I'm home alone and bored)!

Pat, your message made me smile because i am currently going through the "awkward" re-growing phase and it is SO annoying! I always had fine hair but a lot of it. I'm not sure if it is the pred, azathioprine, or my thyroid that caused me to lose hair, but it seems to have stopped. I remember one morning I showered and forgot to clean out the tub. My husband ran into the bedroom panicked after his shower and started to inspect my head sure he would find a huge bald patch based on the amount of hair he found in the bath!

I occasionally wear glasses and I lost a lot of hair around my ears where my glasses rubbed, so now I have silly tufts growing back. I joke that I look like one of those wishing trolls when I wake up! To make matters worse my hair is growing in curly and I have always had iron-board straight hair.

I'm not sure why I've stopped losing my hair but the new growth is about two inches long now. My hair dresser keeps assuring me it won't be long until it's all caught up with my actual hair! Phew!

Wishing you all luscious locks!!
~Kathy
Scots Kat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote