View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 05:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scots Kat View Post
Hi Susan, and welcome to the group!
What a story... I don't really know what to say! I will though make sure that you know you can still be an active, happy person with MG. Thankfully MG is not a death sentence and although your life may be different now you will still be able to achieve lots of your goals and lead a "normal" life. You might be starting over but it's really not always bad!

I have moderate MG but am able to work full time and stay pretty active as well. I'm no longer able to go rock-climbing, but I still try to get outside and do other active things. I should do more, but some days just fulfilling my work committments is enough. Learning to live within your limits is a huge MG lesson!

Take care of yourself and your kiddies and keep posting! It's great to hear everyone's perspectives on things.
~Kathy
Thank you for your experience with being active. Everytime I consider an activity now I worry that I may make my MG symptoms get bad again. I am missing being outdoors so much. I don't know where my limits are. Plus I love the warmth outdoors, I really love the heat of 90 to 110 degrees it feels great - can I still enjoy it? I will find out as time goes on.

Thank you and thank everyone for thoughts and experiences.

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote