View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 07:27 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Oh sweetie! first hugs for you. its been a big week for you.

my opinion is that you should call YOUR neuro, and ask for him to call you at home. Since you just left the hospital and the treatment for this is IVSM and that is what you received, then you need advice. I dont blame you for being a bit in a panic. I panic when my eyes go wonky as well. Sometimes just resting will help, and taking out the contacts, to give your eyes a break.

That being said. Just because you have MS doesnt mean this is an MS thang. If you are hearing that little voice inside your head scream GET HELP! then...I would listen. Make sure you call your neuro and let the answering service know which ER you will be going to, and DEMAND that he call them, and co ordinate your care. Make sure you express to them how freaked out you are, and the severity of your visual issues.

No one likes the hospital, but sometimes we all need to land there in order to receive more intensive treatments. Weekends are no fun cause the folks we trust and lean on are normally off doing their own family things. We get stuck with strangers who dont know us, and dont understand.

If you think you should go...then GO! Later on have a chat with the fiance' about just how scary it is to lose your vision, and be out of control with your body not doing what a body is supposed to do. Tell him he can be as upset as he wants to be, but NO discussion till you are past the crisis, and can discuss it calmly in a time that isnt full of stress and urgent needs. NOW ISNT THE TIME to argue about such things.

more hugs.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote