View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 12:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Annie

Thanks so much, Annie! You always reply to my posts right away it seems and your advice is always awesome and spot-on...I really do appreciate it....I do clench my jaw at night...I was even fitted with a mouth guard by my dentist for it a while ago...I've been suffering from a very stiff jaw for more than a year, and often having to stretch it throughout the day...It does seem that this stretching helps out with moving the tongue around a bit in the morning...

I went to the hospital at the begining of this week about the chest infection because I was worried that it could be pneumonia, or that I'd inhaled something since my swallowing has gotten a bit bad...The doctor didn't order a chest x-ray for some reason, even though I asked for one...He just didn't want to deal with me because he doesn't know enough about MG...He asked me to go to the downtown hospital, but I felt too ill and would have had to take the bus...

I agree that I am suspicious that the prednisone might prevent me from having a fever even if I do have an infection...

I also agree with you about the timespan mestinon...I was very reluctant to take it since (1) it's usually taken at night and (2) I feared that I'd get overdose symptoms if I'm taking it with the 60mgs every 4-hours...which I do at times! I was also curious about really still needing the mestinon if I'm taking prednisone now too! This seems like such a mess!

You're right about the hemoglobin...It is low...Last time I checked, it was at 90 (supposed to be 125), which isn't too bad, but still abnormal!

I'm seeing my neuro. on Monday...She's at the hospital downtown, so I'm going to ask for a chest x-ray, blood work and everything...I might even ask to go back into the hospital...It's worrisome...It's too hard to get better with all of these variables involved...I just hate staying in the hospital (as I'm sure everyone does)...But I want to be better, and waiting around to clear up an infection without an immune system doesn't seem to be too promising...

Thanks for the advice, Annie!

P.S. Does the MG affect your tongue too?

Nicky
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote