View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 12:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default nancysue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dllfo View Post
Hi,
I had Chicken Pox (SEVERE CASE) at the ripe old age of 31. It was miserable for about a week. I wore socks on my hands so I wouldn't scratch myself. I couldn't sleep for a couple of days. Normal problems for someone having Chicken Pox at 31 years old I was told.

Then I had Shingles (per the Flight Surgeon) and found it was miserable too. I was unable to fly (Air Force) for over two months. I got better and God willing, I won't have to fight that battle again.

Fast Forward about 30 years and my 62 year old bride decided to get the Shingles Vaccination. Herpes Zoster may have been the stuff she got. This was about two weeks ago and she is still breaking out in a rash on her body. Even the roof of her mouth and the back of her throat has "blisters". She saw the dentist today and he said that it was the shot that caused it.

Does that make sense?

Have any of you had this shot?

I also wonder how long these "rash's" or whatever you want to call them are going to last?

I have not heard her say the rash itches or is uncomfortable, so I am stumped. Anyone been through this? thanks for your time...
I had the shot, but I had a very bad bout of shingles months earlier, No rash
Nancysue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote