View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 12:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Time Will Tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslee83 View Post
Hi, this is the 1st time I am posting here. I have read a few forums that all have some things in common with my disorders. I am hoping to receive some help whether it be mental or physical. Back in April I went through some episodes of having a tingling sensation in my left foot that spread to my upper left thigh. After going to the dr's I was prescribed Ativan for the anxiety that the pain was causing me. Then after taking that for a few weeks, the prickly sensation returned with a vengence. The muscle twitching (wasting) and prickly sensation spread everywhere even to my groin and my head. So I was told on 3 different occasions to take Benedryl and/or Claritin. Naturally that didn't work. I've spent nearly $800 so far only to still be confused. I have seen every dr from Internal Medicine to Psychiatry. The other day I finally saw a neurologist who is sending me to have a head MRI and EMG/Nerve Test. I think this will be beneficial but I also have swollen lymph nodes for 3 months, my bones are popping all the time, the muscles are twitching constantly, and both my feet feel asleep a lot. I cannot afford to waste any more money on dr's who just want to get rid of me. Could all these symptoms be stemming from nerve damage?...or should I see a rheumatoid dr as well. My bones feel so brittle and I have lost mass around my shoulder so the bone is sticking out in my back. I am so worried because now my gag reflex is gone. Plz help!
Hello. Sorry to hear about your troubles. I don't blame you for being frustrated and worried. It is sad is that you are trying to get answers, and it sounds like you are only getting guesses and easy answers from these doctors. I don't know why some doctors go into denial mode when a patient comes in worried about life-disrupting symptoms.

I have had some symptoms like yours. Mine was an immune reaction going on, and that makes a body react in a lot of different ways. Years before that, my ANA titer was 1:1080, very high, and the neurologist that ordered the blood test didn't read the results, I guess. The only reason I found out about it was because a year later, the computer kicked it out to remind the doctor to retest me. He was so nervous when he called me personally to tell me to get retested. The new test was still a little high, 1:360, and he dismissed that one too. A few years later, I was diagnosed with acute lymphadenopathy. A salivary gland biopsy then confirmed that I had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I will always have it. This was in 1994, and my new, wiser neurologist also told me that it wasn't time for me to have a diagnosis for my neurological symptoms, and that I was normal for me. This was the kindest thing he could have said, because I had been sick since 1979. I'm still waiting. I hope this isn't true for you, and that you don't go years without a definite diagnosis.

I would like to hear how your tests come out. I do have a question -- what about your relexes? Are they normal? Just curious.

Good Luck,
LaVerne
LucysFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote