View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 04:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default yes

Hi, I ended up in hospital about 3 years post accident with BP 240/170 - I thought that I was going to die and the pain in my head was indescribable. Described by hospital as hypertensive crisis. I had a scan and they marvelled that I hadn't had a stroke. I couldn't stop vomitting. Was given morphine for the pain. Apparently blood pressure does not just jump up suddenly and it rises over time. I am thinking that maybe it took 3 years to get to that level- when you have headaches so often it is hard to know the cause of them all.

I now take Hazaar- Losartan potassium/hydrochlorothiazide 50/12.5mg and do not have any problem now. Oooooh there is HCTZ wonder if that is the same as yours? - My doctor said it is not uncommon with head injury patients. I thought that losing weight would help but doesn't seem to make any difference - as when I haven't taken my tablets for a week or so my blood pressure has risen - but nothing like it was previously.

I'm thinking that it is all part and parcel of the lack of sensitivity/regulating thing - like I am not aware of my changes in temperature or tiredness until I am at the extremes.

I am sure that one of the boys will be able to provide a better explanation - but yes - I have the same problem. I thought that it was also part and parcel of the shocking headaches from over exercising too.

If your meds are the same as mine I would take them - you don't want your blood pressure to go on rising - honestly - my doctor panicked when my husband virtually carried me in to the surgery and he took my blood pressure - he told my husband to get me straight to the hospital, no time to wait for an ambulance and he was on the phone telling them to expect me as I was being wheeled out the door. I couldn't walk could hardly talk - do anything the pain was incredible - 100x worse than child birth!!!

Let me know how you get on - have missed hearing from you

Lynlee
Lucy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (08-23-2009)