View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 07:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingtoFigure View Post
I finally got through to my Doctor that it wasn't depression and he referred me to a Neurologist. The Neurologist said that she believes everything that I am experiencing is just a manefestation of my migraines and that we may never know why because no one really understands yet about the migraine brain. I have had a CT scan and a EEG to which I think were clean because I never heard back from the Neurologist.
I would get an MRI of your head and neck. Many of the things you mentioned can be symptoms of Arnold-Chiari Malformation, which is a herniation of the cerebellar tonsils in the lower back of the brain. You can have no symptoms at all for decades and are generally born with Chiari. Even a tiny herniation can result in serious symptoms for some people, so don't allow anyone to blow you off if a small herniation is found. Also, if you find out you do have it, you'll need a neurosurgeon who is well-versed in Chiari to determine if surgery will be necessary. A neurologist cannot do this and will likely think Chiari is no big deal.

Good luck!

LIZARD
LIZARD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote