View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
I saw a leaf fall from a tree yesterday and rushed over and tried to stick it back on. Yes, I know that’s futile and pathetic, but I hate the end of summer and the coming of the shorter days.

I clearly suffer from SAD. As I was just saying to Billie, I'm thinking of following the example of a friend who sits under the special light she bought for her similarly afflicted parakeet. She claims it works great - except for her irresistible urge to feed seeds to her reflection.
LOL!!

The leaves here are falling like crazy. Seems early to me but I'll take it! I can always tell when the trees are getting "thin" because I can see my neighbors back deck. During the summer when the trees are full and green it provides a barrier to all surrounding houses.

I wasn't aware that animals (parakeets) could have SAD. I wonder if your friend also scoots back and forth and bobs her head up and down when she sees someone she likes?!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (08-23-2009)